You are here
What’s the latest in emergency market systems? Stay informed about new learning resources, reports from relevant events and trainings, and market-related job vacancies. To share a news announcement, please write to emmawebmaster [at] rescue.org.
The Pakistan Food Security Cluster is requesting Expressions of Interest from qualified individuals/firms (Pakistani or international) to provide technical assistance for an upcoming Pre-Crisis Market Analysis (PCMA) and subsequent development of a Situation and Response Analysis Framework (SRAF). The assignment is to be carried out in late 2016/early 2017, and the geographic focus will be on three drought-affected districts of Sindh Province (Jamshoro, Umerkot and Tharparker). For more details, refer to the TOR. Submit application materials and inquiries to Ahmed Khan at ahmed.khan [at] fao.org.
The NRC/NORCAP-led CashCap project has been rolling out a Capacity Building Scheme (CBS) for experienced humanitarian practitioners, where the focus is on increasing the number of trained and experienced humanitarian experts with a knowledge of cash transfer and market programming.
The focus for the current CBS has been offering training modules on cash and markets developed in close collaboration with CaLP, and providing remote and face-to face mentoring developing learning objectives and path for achievement.
In addition to this, for selected participants the scheme will also provide a three-month paid placement within agencies planning/implementing cash and market programming under the supervision of a cash and market expert.
CashCap is thus looking for agencies interested in providing a placement opportunity for selected CBS participants. The main objective of the placement is to provide participants with the opportunity to integrate the theoretical learning path with practical application through a learn-by-doing approach shadowing a staff member or a team working on cash and markets programming. With funding from DFID, NRC will cover all the expenses for the placements.
Which type of placements?
We are exploring opportunities for placement with an operation/country office that is either:
• Planning/implementing a market assessment
• Designing/Implementing a response using cash and market programming approach whether multi-purpose or sector specific
• Leading the CTP coordination efforts
Why might agencies offer placements?
• We can offer organisations the services of an experienced humanitarian (wash, shelter, logistics, protection, coordination background) who has theoretical cash knowledge and some practical exposure
• Large organisations that have a strong expertise in cash have an interest in increasing the pool of experts available for future deployments
• Commitment to the CTP and market agenda
What placement agencies need to do/provide?
• Sign a memorandum of understanding with NRC/NORCAP
• Drive the design of TOR with clear tasks linked with learning objectives
• Supervision from an experienced practitioner with a commitment to the mentoring and learning programme
• Institutional commitment to the mentoring and learning programme
If you are interested in supporting the CashCap Capacity Building Scheme by offering a placement opportunity please contact Elena Bertola, CashCap Learning and Mentoring Adviser at elena.bertola [at] nrc.org