You are here
This report captures the combined input and analysis of the PRC PCMA training and assessment, and is complemented by a lighter activity report reflecting on the overall process. The overall objectives are:
• To identify appropriate, market-aware responses to help vulnerable communities in UPL target areas in Leyte meet emergency and recovery needs, with an emphasis on market support activities.
• To identify appropriate market strengthening and community preparedness response options to help reduce the impact of future shocks and disasters in UPL target areas in Leyte.
• To be a valuable reference for UPL future programming, specifically on livelihood protection mechanisms such as market-oriented disaster preparedness, disaster risk reduction, early warning systems, and other multisectoral activities under UPL.
• To strengthen the market analysis capacity experience of PRC staff and volunteers to maintain and update the PCMA assessments regularly.
• To strengthen the speed and quality of the smallest and largest PRC emergency responses, particularly regarding cash programming, informed by evidence from market assessments.